Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Harvesting

Yipeeeee! My second Whiff Of Joy sketch challenge. It's a little varied from Rach's sketch cause that darn mushroom is taller than I thought it would be. My camera is kaput right now so I scanned this card and I can't believe how much brigher the colors are. The pumpkins look red instead of orange but who knows, maybe somewhere in the world there are dark orange pumpkins....lol

A special thanks to
Rach for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind, sweet comments. Also, for the wonderful sketch challenge at the Whiff of Joy Challenge Blog.


The background on the card is done with dried marigold distressed ink by Tim Holtz. The stamps and cut outs are the fall collection by Elizabeth Bell from Whiff of Joy. In place of ribbon I used raffia for the bow. Copics were used for coloring. Sure wish they would host a copic certification class somewhere close. I love using them and would sure like to learn a LOT more on technique.



I'm off to try to get another sketch card done so I can post it before Wednesday. Didn't realize how much fun doing these sketches could be. It's sure a lot easier and faster than me trying to figure out something myself right now. If you haven't tried doing one yet, hop on over to the WOJ Challenge Blog and jump right in.



Thanks for stopping and I hope you come again soon.


"Hugs" Granny

2 comments:

Nilla said...

Such a beautiful card, love the raffia, the details and your wonderful colored image! Hugs Nilla

Rach said...

this is fabulous! i like the raffia that you have used and your colouring is wonderful...
Thank you for your kind words, you are so kind..xxxx
you asked me what it was that was on the right hand side of my desk... it is a making memories paper trimmer..
hugs rachxxx