Monday, December 6, 2010

Magical Monday Ornament Challenge

Can you believe it's already December and Christmas is rapidly approaching? This year has gone by way too fast and they go faster each year. Yesterday I was 50 and today I'm rapidly approaching 70....lol 

I am honored to present the challenge at Paper Cupcakes this week, which is to create a Christmas ornament keepsake for someone special. It can be as simple as you like or you can fancy and bling it up as much as you want, any color, any size.  Do whatever your heart desires to make that someone feel extra special or to honor the birth of the Christ child, the reason for the season.  Be sure you hop on over to the Paper Cupcakes blog to see all the beautiful ornaments the design team have created for your inspiration.

I am so happy to see a lot of you participating in these challenges. This week we've had over 100 entries and there are some fabulous designs and cards.  Nina always has a free image on the blog for you to use or you can purchase one from the store. It is not required that you use a Paper Cupcakes image but we love it when you do. There are so many cute and wonderful images to choose from there. And, you get entered into the drawing for the prize twice using a PCC image.

Ornament Tidbits:
Image - Mary & Jesus by Nina of Paper Cupcakes
Sky Blue Shimmerz
Copics for coloring
Spellbinder's Fleur De Lis die
Barbara Twombley's Glitter and glue
Silver glitter ribbon from stash

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and I hope you'll leave me a comment so I can stop by your blog and see what wonderful creations you have published lately.  Have a wonderful week and keep crafting. "Hugs" Carol

14 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful ornament Carol.....this image is gorgeous!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is gorgeous... the image is perfect for a ornament!

Patti J said...

Gorgeous ornament!!! Thanks for sharing...

craftieodmae said...

I love your ornament! It's beautiful!!!! Time does fly, I'll turn 61 in Feb. Don't really feel old but.....

Pat said...

Beautiful ornament Carol, and super challenge this week.

Pat xx

Patti P. said...

Wonderful challenge this week, Carol! I adore your ornament. I have loved this image since I first saw it, I have it but haven't done anything with it. The way you framed it is perfect and love the softness of your colors. So happy for your win with Olga, have fun with your goodies.

Dru said...

Beautiful Carol - love the die backing you used and all the glitter. Surely an ornament to treasure. Hugs, Dru

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! This is so so gorgeous!! I love your glittery ornament and image!! (I see I'm following your blog...but I dont' think I'm getting updates! SIGH...have to check it out, but forgive me if I don't find my way when you post!)

Unknown said...

wow Carol
what a beautiful Ornament every thing you do is very pretty
thank for showing
Have a good day

Debbie Schneider said...

Hello Carol - this is very beautiful - I love how you incorporated the Spellbinders die and all the shimmer and the bow on the top is gorgeous!!! Thanks for the challenge this week - it really took me out of my comfort zone but that was a good thing!!

Nilla said...

Beautiful ornament, Carol! Great challenge! Love how you used the glitter!! Hugs Nilla

marsha said...

This is just beautiful! I love the image you used and the great die cut!
Hugs,
Marsha

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A wonderful Christmas ornament Carol, and such a beautiful keepsake for someone special.
Hope you are both well, and keeping warm in your part of the world!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Wendy Hall said...

Just beautiful!! I have left something for you on my blog here
Hugs
Wendy (aka Louby Loo)