Monday, February 21, 2011

Child Birthday Card Challenge at PCC

Here it is another Sunday night already and I've missed blogging again this week. I do think I got caught up with visiting last night, but in the event I missed stopping by, please leave me a comment on this post and I'll be over very soon to see what's new with you.

The challenge at There's Magic In the Air/Paper Cupcakes this week is brought to us by Marie. She wants you to make a child's birthday card, free range in creativity, do anything you want as long as it is for a child.  My mojo has flown the coup so mine is pretty straight forward and simple. Think I'm having crafters block similiar to what writers experience.......LOL

Card info:
  • Image is "Orson with Cake" by Nina at Paper Cupcakes
  • Sentiment by Nana Vic
  • DP is from "Oliver" by Basic Grey and SU Old Olive
  • Colored with Copics
  • Stickles on the icing and ribbon is from stash
I do love hearing from you so if you have the time to leave me a comment I will be sure and come visit to see what's new with you.  Thanks so much for stopping!  Now head on over to PCC to see the wonderful creations by my DT sisters and be sure to submit your card by next Sunday to be eligible to win the weekly prize.
"Hugs" Carol

16 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Glad to see you had time to stamp and create! Love the card!!!

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh Carol this is just to adorable....love how you did the cake....tfs

Anonymous said...

LOL!! That cute little monkey makes me smile!! Fabulous card hun!! Hope you're doing well!!HUGS

Patti P. said...

Carol, sometimes straight forward is the best....great image for this and love your dp. Your creation is beautiful this week as always. Here's hoping this week will be a lot calmer and you will have some extra time to play. Talk to you soon.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super adorable card... love your layout!

Pat said...

Hi Carol,

Lovely card, great image you have used. Super papers.

Pat xx

Anonymous said...

This card maybe straight forward but it stole my heart. Love everything about it! Sending a email soon.
Amelia x

Mandy said...

Hey Granny Carol, your card is absolutely gorgeous, I love the sparkly icing and the image is super cute.
I hope you find your mojo although looking at this cutie it looks fine to me. I know what you mean though it's so frustrating when the mojo abandons you, mine usually goes awol when I have a stack of DT cards to do which is very inconsiderate lol
hugs Mandy xx

Eulanda said...

Awwww isn't this so cute!! hee hee I love your background papers too. Oh my they are so perfect!!! I also like that sentiment. Looks great! Hugs!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Carol - this is such fun, and perfect for any cheeky little monkey!! Hope all is well with you and yours, and thanks for popping by. I do hope you get to see Tim Holtz "in the flesh" - he is awesome. Love and hugs, Sylvia xxx

Stef H said...

oh i love the train paper! hubby is a retired locomotive engineer and it's really hard to find train paper. your card is fabulous!

hugs :)

Selma said...

What a cute card. Orson is always so cute. It sure doesn't look like you had any problems with this. Any child will love this cute card. Love your blog banner. You always have such pretty blog backgrounds.

Unknown said...

what a cute card that you did and do like the background paper that so cute
and like alot you new look on your blog
have a good day, hope you feel better

Rach said...

Bless this is so sweet, an adorable card hun, love that Monkey. Hugs RAch xx

Rach said...

thought that i would just pop back across.. i haven't made a tutorial on colouring hair hun.. all i do is make short strokes from the edge toward the middle, and just layer the colour up.. xxxxx

Unknown said...

If this card is made by you with your mojo gone then I can only hope to have a fraction of it. I'm liking that cheeky little monkey with his pretty blinged up cake.
Gorgeous card hun!!! *Hugs*
PS. Your blog site look super with the St. Patricks theme.