Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Will You Help?

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick request for all of my friends and acquaintances in blogland.  There is a young lady who has a precious niece named Stacie that is requesting cards for this wonderful aunt who just had a mastectomy.

Here is part of Stacie's post:
"A couple of days ago she underwent a mastectomy (complete removal of breast). Everything has been going well and she is in good spirits and trying to stay so positive. As soon as she heals she will undergo chemotherapy and we won't know if she also has to do radiation or not until her results come back from the lymph nodes they took out. Jeanne is a remarkably sweet lady....she would do anything for anyone and so would her husband! Two of the nicest people I have ever met and I'm so glad I am a part of their family.


Jeanne absolutely LOVES cards....and she also really enjoys getting postcards from different places. She hasn't traveled very much and always enjoys getting postcards from all of our travels. I thought it would be great if she could get handmade cards, items or postcards from all over the world to help lift her spirits and make her smile! That is where you all come in! :) This is going to be a surprise for her and I will hand deliver everything. I would also like to offer a bit of candy to those that participate in sending something AND for spreading the word!"
 
  You can read all about it here on Stacie's blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have the time to create something special to send to her.
"Hugs" Carol

1 comment:

Nina said...

what a lovely gesture, wouldn't it be nice if and when anyone went through such a procedure or illness, something like this would happen to everyone! I am certian I have something to send! Thanks for sharing.