Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Birthday Card Challenge at Joan's

This is the card I am submitting for the challenge at Joan's Gardens this week. 

Here is the challenge:
• Window Top Card ( an opening in the top of the card with the design on the inside)
• Add three colors of flowers for the focal point.
• A Birthday card

Card Deets:
  • K & Co DP - CM Matting and rose papers
  • Decorated gold corners
  • Center rose made with punches from Joan's Garden and Selma's Rose Tutorial- edges sponged in Sepia Color Chalk
  • WOC accent roses with MS Branch Punch leaves, rose leaves and Stickles
  • New Italian Doily Die from Joan's - I love this die, especially cutting it out on the Vagabond which doesn't require a second run through.


Just barely finished this card tonight and did not get the sentiment on it but it is a birthday card.  My trip back to the eye doctor this morning left me pretty uneasy and a little upset.  Seems the cataract was pretty dense and hard to get out plus I must not have been able to lay still even with the anesthesia....leave it up to me to always have to be moving and doing something.  I could not read the letters on the wall, everything was blurry with the left eye and a little too much pressure according to the nurse.  I now have 2 floaters in the eye and just what all that means I'm not sure.  Have to continue the eye drops and go back again next Monday unless something occurs before then.  So much for my thinking this was a piece of cake......lol  At least things are much brighter with the left eye and the right eye now does all the reading......In all honesty, I've been pretty tired the past two days and not able to stay awake for over 2-3 hours so I'm posting this before I head to bed.  Another view showing the opening on the front of the card and part of the inside.

I'm not too happy with the way this turned out but didn't want to miss out on the challenge so here it is and it is what it is.  My daughter's favorite saying....lol

Thanks for stopping by and if you have the time to leave me a note it will be more than appreciated.  I may not get back with you for a few days but I will get back with you when the eye situation is a little better here.  It's sore and scratchy.
"Hugs" Carol

21 comments:

Eulanda said...

Ok well I hope you're not typing out the question I asked about your eyes cuz I just got my answer. Floaters hey? That can't be comfy. Keep us posted!
And OMG what the heck lady!! Not one of your favorites?! That card looks like a lot of work my word!! It's gorgeous!! WOW!! Way too technical for this kid. LOL!! It's just exquisite. And I wouldn't blow smoke either. Hugs!

Renkata said...

Hi carol, hope the eye problem will be over soon.
Wish you all the best honey.
Your card is so elegant and pretty just for special birthday!

Joan Fricker said...

Carol, if you are not happy with this card, then I can't begin to imagine what a card loos like that you are happy with. This is truly gorgeous! I love the colors and all the details you used. Your flower is beautiful. Great job in my opinion!

Good luck with your eyes and sometimes it just takes time, so let's hope the next few days make a world of differece.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our #12 Weekly Challenge! Your card adds so much

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

craftieodmae said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I made another one last night and threw it away, I just can not make this card!!!!!!! Hope ya win, it's gorgeous!

Antoinette said...

This card is so beautiful Carol, I love the colours and the aperture...and the flower is drop dead gorgous...!!

I hope you feel better soon Carol. As Joan says a few days will make a big difference and you will soon be bouncing back as normal! Hugs Annie xXx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Yes, it is what it is Carol - TOTALLY STUNNING! Love the aperture design, and the central flower is an amazing creation.
I'm so sorry to hear about your eye problem and hope that it improves very soon. Take care - Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Unknown said...

well Carol you are hard on your self, your card is very very beautiful, like every thing on your card and the color is very soft
I wanted to do this challenge on Joan challenge but I do not have time to do it
may be next time
Glad that your eye is doing better
Take it easy
Have a good day
HUGS

The Other Patti Sue said...

This really is very pretty Carol! We are our own worse critics! It's gorgeous GF! You get lots of rest and let that eye heal. Your eyes are the fastest healing organ in your body(0;

Pat said...

Oh your card is lovely Carol, gorgeous flower and love the colours. Sorry you are still having eye problems, hope they are soon sorted. Take care. Hugs.

Pat xx

Anonymous said...

Wowza!! This is sooo very elegant looking!! LOVE the flower and those metal corners look amazing!! Did you find what you were wanting then?!! Beautiful job! Smiles, Vicki

Mandy said...

Granny Carol don't you dare be hard on yourself, your card is stunning lovely lady.
I am so sorry you are still having problems with your eye, I hate to think of you being upset :(
Get plenty of rest, and fingers crossed your next appointment is more positive.
Sending you big cyber hugs across the ocean
Mandy xx

Mandy said...

Arrgh I almost forgot again, the link for the gorgeous flowers is HERE, it's always excellent service and worldwide free shipping
hugs Mandy xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Carol!! I just love the window with the dimensional flowers!! The gold accents add such elegance. Gorgeous!!
hugs,
Chris

Grace said...

Oh my word Carol... this is the most gorgeous creation ever!!! LOVE that Italian doily and wish I had added it to my order... I got the Canadian one but this is soooooooo gorgeous! Your rose is beyond gorgeous and I love your arrangement of the flowers. I can't believe you did this having all these eye problems! I pray you heal quickly and fully! I know how annoying the floaters are... I have about 4 in each eye and they annoy me no end. Hugs and prayers for a full and speedy recovery!
Grace

Cheryl said...

Oh wow - this is GORGEOUS! I love the flower and all the elegant details!




--Cheryl--

**Check out my Meljen’s Designs & Whimsy Stamps blog candy!**

marsha said...

Carol, this is just phenomenal! i love your flower and those intricate corner pieces - great window card technique too! Thanks so much for the sweet congrats!
Hugs,
Marsha

Darlene said...

Oh Carol this is GORGEOUS!! I'm not sure what you DON'T like about it but I sure think it's fantastic! Beautiful detail work and your flower is PERFECT! Thanks for inspiration!

Betty Wright said...

Carol, this is so gorgeous I am speechless to find the words to give it justice! STUNNING! WOW!

Patti P. said...

Hey there, can't believe you are not happy with this...I think it is just stunning. Love the laciness of the branches and all around your flowers and the sponging around your front opening on the dp is so pretty. I love this card.

Unknown said...

Carol your card is 'Drop Dead Gorgeous'. That flower is amazing and all the fine details under / around it show it off perfectly. Totally an awesome creation.
I have to agree with some of the other comments...We are our own worst critic!.
Take another look when your seeing more clearly....*Laughs*
Thinking of you my friend and hope that all is going well.
*Hugs and all that stuff*

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

This is beautiful with the flower coming though the window of the card!! Fantastic design Carol.