Friday, September 23, 2011

Goodie Box & Christmas Ornament

Wow, I really lucked out this time.  Found a see through goodie box I'd made last year and never did use, in fact, I found 8 of them, all with different DP.  So I stuck some candy in it, made the ornament, and tied it on with a bow.  Can't get much easier than this now can it.  What have you put away and forgot about that will only take you a short while to complete and share??  We'd love to see it!

CCAYR September Challenge: This is a stash challenge and the only "rule" is that anything you use on your cards needs to be at least a year old - stamps, papers, embellishments: everything!

Ornament Deets:
  • Image from Nina at Paper Cupcakes "A Merry Christmas Snowman" colored with Copics: R24, 27, 29; G24, 21, 20; B99, 97; YR 18, 15, 12; C00, 0, R20; R59, 46; paper pieced with faux stitching.
  • Stardust Stickles and Diamond Glaze
  • Flower Soft Ultra Fine Strawberry for mittens
  • DP Reminisce Fresh Snow for backing, red brads, and sprayed with Glimmer Mist Pearl
We are ready for some cooler weather but so not ready for winter...  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope this month I've given you a little inspiration to get started on your Christmas cards and projects. It will sure make your life a little easier come December.  Plus, I'd love to see you play in the challenge cause it gives me another reason to stop by and visit.

Have a wonderful week ahead!
"Love & Hugs" Carol

19 comments:

Eulanda said...

Awww how to make a quick project!! That's a great find in your stash! Cute snowman and I like the see-thru window.

cheryl said...

oh carol hun this is just gorgeous oh just love those papers,you have used and just love that wee snowman,brilliant gift,hugs cherylxxxxxx

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Carol, inspirational, in fact I really need to get some of my large circle stamps out as I feel I have neglected them, love the holly around the image
Hugs Kate xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

Hi Carol, I love doing that! Finding things in my stash and using them, it makes me feel as though they have cost me nothing even though I know I paid for the materials originally! lol I oove making things from scraps too! This is gorgeous! So very inspiring! Judy x

Chrissy said...

Oh! my...now you have me rummaging around in my drawers...have so many little bits lying around, you know the stuff you buy, and swear you will use it this month...what to do!!...love your candy box, very cute tag all sparkly and pretty...

Luv CHRISSYxx

The Other Patti Sue said...

What a great find in your stash! This is super sweet... in more ways than one LOL!

craftieodmae said...

this is great, I need to make some gift boxes!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is such a good idea and so cute too, love it. Also thanks for the lovely comments you left on my blog.
Lindsay xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun gift!! Love that cute snowman and your paper!! Gorgeous!

Rufus said...

LOL, I wouldn't have any problems at all with this challenge!! I like your Christmas treat box
R/

Renkata said...

Hi Carol,
thanks for showing this amazing sweet and lovely box. Such a cute snowman.
Amazing idea for a giftwrap.

Marion said...

Hi Carol,
How fabulous is this. Such a super way to give a little gift and have something to hang on the tree.
Love it.
hugs
Marion

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic goody box, Carol. Love the snowman and your satin bow is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

How cute is this! Your Christmas creations are gorgeous Carol. Thanks for the inspiration.
Amelia x

Marjorie said...

Wow hun this is such a super find, wish I could find a few of these in my drawer LOL!!Love Mr. snowman he's so cute!...It looks like we are going to get another chance at Summer here in Doncaster... up to 24c this week!!..Have a lovely week hun!
Big hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Pat said...

Gorgeous Christmas box Carol, love this image of Nina's, must use it again this year myself. Thank you for the thoughtful email, have passed it on to my friend. Have a good week.

Pat xx

Patti P. said...

What a wonderful box...sitting for a year sure didn't hurt anything and I love your ornament that you have created. Great job on this.
Patti

Tracey said...

What a fabulous gift idea Carol :)
Hope you're having a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Carol!! This is really adorable hun!! I love the sparkle on the snowman and the yummy candy treat container!! So clever!! :)